Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Try my veggie Kabobs.
- These were an inspiration from the cleanse I am currently on with a group of my friends.. We are on day 6 and can only have veggies, fruit and brown rice. You can use whatever veggies that you'd like, I used these:
- RED BELLPEPPERS
- YELLOW BELLPEPPERS
- ORANGE BELLPEPPERS
- BABY SWEET POTATOES ( I MICRO'D THESE FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES FIRST TO SOFTEN A BIT)
- YELLOW ONIONS
- 2 TBLS OLIVE OIL
- BLACK PEPPER TO TASTE
- APPROX 2 TABLESPOONS NO-SALT SEASONING (I USED THE ORGANIC ONE FROM COSTCO,ITS LOCATED WITH ALL THE SPICES,, THIS IS A GREAT SEASONING SALT TYPE OF ITEM.. YOU CAN USE it ON EVERYTHING!)
- APPROX 8 SKEWERS (IF YOU USE WOODEN, MAKE SURE TO SOAK THEM IN WATER FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES)
- CUT YOUR VEGETABLES IN SQUARE SIZE PIECES THAT WILL SLIDE ON THE SKEWER, LEAVE THE MUSHROOMS WHOLE, PUT THEM IN A LARGE MIXING BOWL, DRIZZLE WITH THE OLIVE OIL, AND THE SPICES, AND TOSS THEM AROUND A FEW TIMES TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL ARE COVERED WITH OLIVE OIL AND SPICES.. IF NOT YOU CAN ALWAYS ADD A LITTLE MORE OIL AND SPICE..
- PUT THE VEGGIES ON THE SKEWERS AND ROTATE THEM VEGGIES TO MAKE IT LOOK COLORFUL.
- I MADE BROWN RICE TO GO WITH MY SKEWERS, SO NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO PUT THE RICE ON..
- TURN ON YOUR GRILL, LET IT HEAT ON HIGH FOR 5 MINUTES, THEN TURN DOWN TO LOW AND PUT YOUR SKEWERS ON THE GRILL, CLOSE THE LID AND LET ONE SIDE COOK FOR ABOUT 10 MIN, THEN ROTATE THEM AND COOK 10, ROTATE AGAIN AND COOK FOR ANOTHER 10.. NOW YOU WILL EYEBALL THEM AND MAKE SURE THE ONIONS LOOKED CARMELIZED AND THE BELLS ARE SOFT LOOKING..
- PLACE THE KABOBS ON TOP OF YOUR BROWN RICE, AND ENJOY. I WOULD NORMALLY USE SOME SOY SAUCE, OR TERIYAKI, BUT I CANNOT HAVE EITHER RIGHT NOW DUE TO A CLEANSE, BUY I STILL ENJOYED IT WITHOUT!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
- 1 yellow onion-finely chopped
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1lb ground turkey/redmeat. or no meat at all!
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp chili powder
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 can G-free tomatoe paste
- 1 16 oz can kidney beans- drained
- 1 16oz can pinto beans- not drained
- 1 16oz can black beans-not drained
- 1 8 oz can chopped tomatoes-not drained
- 1/2 cup water
- sautee onions in the olive just enough to sweat them, then add your meat of choice, let that start to brown and add all of your spices, and herbs..stir till meat is done then add the water, tomatoe paste, the chopped tomatoes, stir then add all of your beans, I like to bring the chili to a boil then reduce it to low, add a lid and let it stew... I love this chili,, the flavor is my favorite! Sprinkle with grated cheddar, or mexican cheese mix, and finely chopped onions if you like,,, I like to add a dollop of either plain yogurt on top or lowfat sourcream,, it is truely yummy!!! Make sure to use the Gluten free dairy brands.. I love to make a loaf of gluten free corn bread, mix up some honey butter, and in heaven I am... Please Enjoy!!! Now remember, if you dont have one of the spices,, its ok,,just go for it without it,, thats the nice thing about cooking,, you can add what you like or remove what you dont like...
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
- One small tub of Ricotta
- 3 cups of Mozzarella cheese only use 2 cups in the mix, save 1 cup for the end
- 1 cup shredded parmesian cheese or 1/2 cup grated
- a few good pinches of dried parsley (optional)
- a few good pinches of dried basil
- Half a block of tofu (make sure to press in between a few paper towels to get out some of its water).
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp onion powder 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- slice up approx 10 mushrooms- and chop up 1/2 of a red bell pepper -- set a side
- use your favorite Spaghetti Sauce (leaving it in the jar to save the mess
- 1 package of lasagna noodles ( I used rice flour noodles for mine) do not cook them
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
- One in Three children born in the year 2000 will develop diabetes at some point in his or her lifetime.
- Overweight kids were more likely to suffer bone fractures and 30 percent more likely to suffer from joint or muscle pain than children of normal weight.
- even and old complaint of middle age folk, kidney stones, has begun to surface with regularity in children
- An average American consumes 82 grams of added sugars every day, which contribute an empty 317 calories to our diets
- Marketers are adding new types of preservatives, fats, sugars, and other new food subs to our daily meals
- Every Year, Americans spend and estimated 42 billion on diet books; 18.5 billion on health club memberships; and 5.2 billion on diet foods and weight loss programs
- Kids ages 2 to 11 will see 26,000 tv ads this year, 22 percent of them marketing food
- The message that junk food equals instant happiness- is one that sticks with a child for all of his life.
Dog paddling through the nutritional ocean:
- Rule #1
NEVER SKIP BREAKFAST. EVER....
- Rule #2
SNACK WITH PURPOSE
- Rule #3
BEWARE OF PORTION DISTORTION
Example of "Eat this not that"
EAT THIS--2 percent milk, string cheese, cottage cheese, plain yogurt, sweetened with fresh fruit,,
NOT THIS--Chocolate milk, ice cream, hot cheese dip, yogurt with fruit on the bottomThis book goes on and on,, from healthy natural snacks to packaged foods.. Eat Spaghetti O's instead of Macaroni and cheese.. (If you have to have one or the other)
Spaghetti O's has 260 calories, 10 grams of fat, 990 mg sodium
Macaroni and Cheese 410 calories, 19 grams of fat, 710 mg sodium..
It event talks about how to read labels efficiently, and what fast food items to choose over others..
I think that our world is finally opening their eyes to not only what they are putting in their mouths, but also into the mouths of their children..
Happy Eating Peeps....