Pages

About Me

My photo
California, United States

Thursday, August 12, 2010

RELEIVING PMS AND STRESS WITHOUT MEDS?

Ladies and Gentlemen, we all know how real and alive, STRESS AND PMS are. They can literally take a normal, happy, sane person, and turn them into the beast that lives down under, and I dont mean Australia!
I can say that for myself, as I have gotten older, and given birth to two humans, my stress has become heightened, and the PMS, has for sure gotten worse!  No one, and I mean no one wants to drive around yelling at the cars in front of you, beside you and behind you, for some sort of "what you think" is a driving violation! And yelling at the kids, dogs, and spouse for LITERALLY everything!!!!

So after my first child was born,(ear infections, asthma, breathing treatments, countless drs appts) and the hubby was deciding on his career,(not fun) I was totally overwhelmed and I sought out help, and reluctantly made an appt at a womens DR's group in Irvine California. "I thought, they'll get me, they'll understand," so I made an appt, had an exam. All was going quite well, until the moment came where I took a breath and got up the nerve to ask for help. "Please, I think I need help to be calmer with my kids, I dont like how I feel and I dont like people driving, or standing behind a service counter or my husband(who by the way, i hate for a week a month!)"
"Please, help me, I need something to make it all a little easier." "So the brick will be removed from my chest."

Are you ready! She suggested what? What did she say?
No more caffeine, (how will I make it thru the day) and start a regular workout regime (in which hour of the day?) and find a way to blow off the steam.. what?  really?  Is this for real?
I went to a specailist, because I was at the end of my rope..
Well needless to say, I kept searching, cause giving up coffee and going to the gym, at this point really wasnt what I needed.. In the end, I was given Prozac in a low dose, and for 6 months, I really felt better, the brick was off of my chest, and it helped me get through a hard time when I truely needed it.

My life 10 years later, is very different, and now I am trying to find foods that have been known to naturally heal humans with an array of different health problems.
So that leads me to this post.

I am on a search to find what other people in the world use instead of Prozac to help. In the past year and a half, I have changed my eating habits so drastically, I have learned how to be a healthier me, with Balance. I don't have Anxiety any longer, but my PMS is still not so good.. just ask my family!...smile..smile. So what I am not adding to my diet. What can I do differently?

So here are a few things thus far, Lets all give some of these a try and let us know how they are working. I will keep you all posted on what I try and how it works.. Happy Destressing, and lets say goodbye to PMS!


  • Foods that help-
  • Complex carbs (brown rice, whole wheat)
  • Licorice is understood to lower estrogen levels and at the same time raising progesterone
  • Chaste berries
  • bee pollen
  • parsley
  •  lavender
  • flaxseed oil and primrose oil 
  • vitamins such as magnesium
  • Many women with PMS have high dairy fat and high sugar intake each of which reduces blood magnesium levels
  • Calcium
  •  zinc
  •  B-vitamins such as B6 
  • Green Leafy Vegetables and Fatty Fish which are full of omega-3 fatty acids.
  • Drinking eight to ten glasses of water daily and changing to a low-fat low-sugar diet with no caffeine 
  • two months of taking 1,200 mg of calcium supplements daily had a significant effect on almost every PMS symptom except insomnia and fatigue. Modest amounts of magnesium-300 mg daily-may reduce mood fluctuations and depression. Additionally, vitamin E offers relief along with antioxidant benefits.
  • Undesirably high levels of estrogen have also been linked to deficiencies of vitamin B complex, particularly low levels of B6 and B12. Vitamin B6, which is linked to serotonin production, can ease symptoms of depression and anxiety.
  • Essential fatty acids (evening primrose or borage oil)
  • Flax oil
  • Fruits
  • Legumes
  • Raw nuts and seeds


links from articles that have provided this information:
http://pms-relief-explained.com/
http://www.life123.com/health/wom
ens-health/pms/the-abcs-of-pms-natural-relief-for-monthly-symptom.shtml

No comments: